Thursday, March 27, 2014

Drive to Montana

I started my road trip to visit the 8 other Powder Alliance ski areas that I have not skied yet by driving to Bozeman, Montana, ... a total drive of a little over 12 hours of driving (not counting the stops). This is the longest leg of the journey, and the only where I didn't ski at all.  Just drove all day.

Man, I drove past several ski areas without stopping!  I drove within 45 minutes of Mt. Spokane. Then I drove within a mile of the Silver Mountain gondola, and then within 200 yards of the Lookout Pass ski area. This is very unusual for me. Normally, on my road trips, I like to break a long drive by skiing at least one of the ski areas along the way.  Thankfully, I have already visited all of the above 3 ski areas on earlier occasions.

This time, I am focused on just the Powder Alliance ski areas, where the skiing is free for me, thanks to the Fusion Pass.  So, tomorrow morning, I'll be skiing at Bridger Bowl, Montana, less than half an hour from Bozeman.  I've heard a lot of good things about it.

No comments: